COVID-19 OSVS UPDATE
The health and wellbeing of our clients, patients and staff are a top priority at OSVS. We are now offering “Hands-Free” ER Visits and Appointments to all our clients during this difficult time.
Clients are no longer to enter OSVS and visits have been suspended for hospitalized patients. As staffing and resources have been compromised by the Covid-19 crisis, there are times when the hospital will only be treating patients with life-threatening conditions. It is important that you call ahead and allow our staff to determine whether your pet will be seen, or if there is something you can do for your pet at home.
Here are a few things to expect during your visit:
If your pet is being seen through our ER service –
- Please call ahead so we can be ready for your arrival. If you are able, place a paper in your windshield with your last name printed. Once you arrive, park under the tent and call 401.886.6787 and press option 8. Be ready to give the representative the parking spot number you are in.
- A team member will meet you at your car to collect your pet for an initial triage examination. Depending on your pet’s condition, your pet will either be taken into the treatment area for initial stabilization, or may be brought back to your car to wait with you.
- Once your pet has been examined, a doctor will call you to discuss treatment options for your pet. All communication and transactions will be done over the phone.
- Once the examination and treatments are complete, you may pay over the phone by credit/debit card. A team member will return your pet to your car along with any necessary medications.
- If your pet is to be admitted, you will be provided an estimate of the costs of the planned treatments and asked to leave a deposit.
- All documents, including invoices, will be emailed to you.
If your pet is being seen through our Specialty service –
- Please call as you are arriving, and an OSVS team member will collect your pet for the appointment. If you are able, place a paper in your windshield with your last name printed.
- Please retain all personal items, including collars and leashes.
- All communications and transactions will be done over the phone. Please be ready for the doctor’s call within 30 minutes of your scheduled appointment time.
- Once the examination and treatments are complete, you may pay over the phone by credit/debit card.
- A team member will return your pet to you in your car, along with any medications and instructions.